5th ONLINE INTERNATIONAL REFUGEE LAW COURSE
Sanremo, 28 September-23 October 2020
The Refugee Law Courses have been developed primarily to benefit government officials who are involved in the formulation and application of legislations and policies affecting people in need of protection. Likewise, the courses are open to members of civil society, particularly those who advocate for and/or contribute to the protection of forcibly uprooted people.
The Online Course presents the key aspects of the international protection of refugees. It is based on the analysis of International Refugee Law and its complementarity with other bodies of law in guaranteeing that the rights of forcibly displaced persons are respected and ensured. The different displacement phases are examined, by outlining the causes that force people to flee, the protection risks encountered throughout the displacement cycle, and the search and implementation of durable and sustainable solutions. A cross-cutting approach is adopted in analyzing refugee-related issues, such as sexual and gender-based violence, and the protection of stateless and internally displaced persons.
The Course is developed primarily to benefit mid and senior-level government officials involved in the formulation and application of legislation and policies affecting people in need of protection. Members of the civil society and academia, who could positively influence the safeguard of refugees’ rights and advocate for the protection of uprooted and stateless persons, are also accepted as participants.
Objectives of the Online Course:
- Promote law, principles and policies related to the international protection of refugees.
- Develop a common understanding among participants on how legislation and policies can be promoted and implemented at the national level by a variety of stakeholders.
- Raise awareness on the human rights issues faced by refugees and the need for durable solutions.
- Enhance the skills of participants in developing and applying policies and standards in conformity with International Law.
- Encourage a positive attitude among participants towards the protection of refugees and other uprooted people.
Certificate: the Certificate will be awarded only to those participants who attend the Course in full, including live and self-paced sessions, and complete all mandatory assignments.
Participation quota amounts to € 750. It must be remitted before the start of the course by bank transfer. Visa and/or Mastercard are also accepted on the website of the Institute.
Queries on the course registration and administrative questions should be directed to email@example.com.