20th Summer Course on IHL
POSTPONED, dates TBD
This course will allow participants to:
- Improve their knowledge in International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law, and other related fields;
- Meet high-level practitioners, experts and academics from all over the world;
- Discover international Geneva by actively participating in conferences and lectures at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR) and the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG);
- Receive a certificate in International Humanitarian Law from a unique center of excellence recognized all over the world active since 1970 in humanitarian training and diplomacy.
Within the course, practitioners, academics and experts in the above-mentioned fields will work together with participants to foster the promotion and the implementation of International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights law, and all the other related rules governing today’s armed conflicts.
The course will be held:
- One week in the beautiful Villa Ormond, HQ of the Institute, in Sanremo;
- One week in Geneva.
The Sanremo Institute will welcome only 50 Participants, motivated professionals (diplomats, military officers, humanitarians representatives) and graduate students to follow these two-weeks of intensive course run in English.
A fee of 1800 euros is required
as a contribution to the total cost of the course.
This covers the lectures, seminar materials as well as lunches, transportation from Nice airport to Sanremo, transportation by bus from Sanremo to Geneva. Participants are expected to cover their travel costs to and from Sanremo as well as accommodation during their stay.
No scolarships are available for this course.
Please consult the FAQs for further information.
Queries on the course registration and administrative questions should be directed to Ms Patricia Panizzi at: email@example.com.