Summer course on IHL
Sanremo/Geneva, 4-15 July 2016
- Improve your knowledge in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Meet high-level practitioners, experts and academics from all over the world
- Discover international Geneva by participating in conferences and lectures at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR) and the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- Receive a certificate in International Humanitarian Law from a unique center of excellence recognized all over the world active since 1970 in humanitarian training and diplomacy
- Practitioners, academics and experts in this field will work together to improve the promotion and the implementation of International Humanitarian Law in today’s conflicts
- The Sanrremo Institute will welcome only 50 Participants, motivated professionals (diplomats, military officers, humanitarians representatives) and graduate students to follow this two weeks of intensive course run in English
- Ten days in the beautiful Villa Ormond in Sanremo
- Three days in the IIHL Liaison Office next to the Palais des Nations in Geneva
Course fees amount to € 1.500. They covers course material, lunches and coffee breaks on working days, transport from Nice Airport, trip by bus to Geneva, reception drinks and course dinner, course photograph and Diploma certificate. The registration fee does not cover all other expenses incurred by the participant such as hotel in Sanremo and Geneva, laundry or telephone calls nor any other per diem incidentals. Participants must ensure that they bring with them sufficient funds to pay for such expenses or have access to such funds in Sanremo via their bank.
Regretfully, the Institute does not offer scholarships for this course.