The Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law (hereinafter: the Department) of the InternationalInstitute of Humanitarian Law (hereinafter: the Institute), Sanremo – Italy, calls for applications for the position of Online Learning Assistant (Russian and English).
The Institute, through the Department, aims at enhancing the knowledge and skills of government and civil society officials engaged in work with people in need of protection, namely refugees, internally displaced person (IDPs),stateless people and migrants.
Through its training, capacity-building and horizontal sharing of experiences, the Department advocates for thesafeguarding of human rights in a way that complements and adds to the efforts of relevant stakeholders in this fieldof protection. The Institute has a consolidated reputation worldwide and a long-lasting cooperation with internationalorganizations, such as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – UNHCR, the International Organization for Migration – IOM, and the International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC.
The ideal candidate shares our values in promoting the respect of international law and the safeguarding of human rights through compelling contents in multiple formats. S/he is a proactive team player with solid interpersonal skills. S/he can provide thorough insights on how our Courses can be more impactful and identify new projects that the Unit can engage into the benefit of the objectives of the Department and the mandate of the Institute.
- Application deadline: 2 June 2023
After the issuance of this vacancy, the Department reserves the right to initiate the selection process prior its deadline;
- Starting date: 15 June 2023
- Contract: The incumbent will be offered a consultancy contract with the International Institute of Humanitarian Law until 31 December 2023, with a provisional period of two months. Subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance, the contract can be extended. The incumbent can perform daily work remotely and may be expected to travel to Sanremo, Italy and Geneva, Switzerland, and other locations upon request of the supervisor.
Applications must be submitted via the following link. There we would ask you to include the following:
- Letter expressing interest in the position and outlining reasons why the application should be selected;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Three references (name, position, and contact details);
- Sample of previous work, i.e. reports, Powerpoint presentations and infographics are highly appreciated. The received material will not be shared externally.
All those interested are kindly invited to carefully review the PDF version of the offer, to get more information on the application methods.
Visit the “Work with us” webpage for more information about other vacancies, internships and other opportunities for collaboration.